An intern assembles lighting equipment for Boston Summer Arts Weekend, July 2015.
Facts and Figures
- Brighter Boston was founded in May 2013 as a 501(c)3 public charity.
- In its first four years, Brighter Boston has…
- Organized a total of 113 internships on 61 professional projects for 32 Boston teenagers.
- Created 2,399 hours of meaningful work for youth.
- Partnered with 22 producing organizations and venues including the Celebrity Series of Boston, Boston Lyric Opera, Vice Media, Harvard University, and WGBH.
- Created a mentorship and job training program that prepares students to start careers by the time they turn 19, while developing their sense of self-worth and identity.
- Brighter Boston’s interns are…
- 45% Hispanic, 29% Black, and 26% White, a significant increase in the racial diversity of the field.
- 65% female and 35% male, a significant increase in the gender diversity of the field.
- Brighter Boston’s interns have…
- Created lighting for Alison Krauss, LL Cool J, Bela Fleck, Anaïs Mitchell, and Kelli O’Hara.